1. Start with clean, dry skin. Shake your PRIMARY bottle before using and spray 3-5 times under each arm. Wait until the formula has absorbed into the skin before dressing. You want your skin, not your clothes, to absorb the formula. Then go about your day smelling fresh!
2. The spray is typically effective for 6-8 hours. If you are especially active throughout the day, you may want to re-apply after 4 or 5 hours.
3. Lather up those armpits with soap everyday! The spray can't do it all and you want to make sure you eliminate bacteria, the culprit of underarm smell. Bacteria love dead skin cells, so make sure to exfoliate your underarms at least once a week. No harsh scrubs are needed—A clean washcloth should do the trick.
4. If you have highly sensitive skin, test the formula on the inside crease of your arm and wait at least 24 hours to make sure you don't have any adverse reactions.
5. For some, the spray can cause a slight tingling or stinging sensation when first applied. It may feel similar to the sensitivity you'd feel if you were to swim in the ocean after shaving. This feeling is due to the high content of magnesium in the formula and there is no need for alarm! If you shave under your arms, consider doing so before bedtime and applying your deodorant in the morning to avoid this sensation. If it feels more like burning or you notice any visible irritation, feel free to contact us so we can help pinpoint the cause.
6. If this is your first time using natural deodorant, you may go through what is commonly referred to a detox period, where you smell worse before you smell better. There are lots of resources online for learning about this process. Don’t panic—stay the course and things will improve soon.